I've successfully made it to 35 weeks pregnant. *throws confetti* While I'd love this little one to get a few more good in utero weeks of growth, he's made it out of the danger zone period and I'm ecstatic. (I've mentioned before my last child was a 32 wk preemie) I spent the earlier part of this week in the hospital and dr's office having contractions. Since then - nothing. Most of you know, that could mean I'm going soon, or it could mean I'll be doing this for another five weeks.
Either way, I feel like I have a million and one things to do before then. I remember the walking-zombie-no-sleep with a newborn phase. I know I'll be worthless for a good month at least before any brain activity is restored and writing can begin again. Before I plunge full fledged into my kind-of-but-not-really-functioning state, I need to get some writing done! I have a shiny new idea rolling around my head that needs to be written down already. (Why is it so hard to start a new MS?) I need to query my old MS. AND I'm thrilled, thrilled, thrilled about my upcoming interviews with bloggers and authors. *rubs hands together* Who, oh, who could they be?
Anybody else feel the pressure to get writing done NOW? Anybody else putting it off as much as I am?
On a more playful note, I'm ready to pass on the Liebster Blog Award!! I was fortunate enough to have this passed onto me a few times in the past couple weeks by Julie Deguia, Emily Yu, and Lena Reve. Thank you ladies for thinking of me!
Since Julie gave it to me first, I'll be following her rules to pass it forward. Kind of. I'm also bending the rules and cheating a bit. Instead of 5 recipients, I've chosen 6. I know....such a rule breaker I am.... I've been using the phrase "What about it? I'm pregnant" quite a bit to get away with things....if you need me to use it here, I can. There's something about a 9mo pregnant woman that causes people not to argue with her. ;)
The 'rules' of the award are the following:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
And here are the fabulous bloggers that deserve this award!
1. Rachel from Rachel Writes Things. Rachel's blog focuses on book reviews, her writing process and fun little tidbits in between. Rachel has a great sense of humor and is about as sweet as it gets. I've really enjoyed her posts!
2. Katie Conigliaro from The Fiction Diaries. Katie's blog focuses on critiques, book reviews, author spotlights and "The Writer in You Blog Hop," a weekly Saturday feature. I love Katie's creativity in her posts and ideas.
3. Courtney Young of This Will All Seem Silly One Day. Courtney is currently co-hosting the Buccaneer Blogfest (such a fun, creative idea!). Her posts discuss her writing process - she's currently editing her debut novel which will be published later this year - and Monday Madness, where she discusses book covers.
4. Shane at Itching For Books. Shane gives stellar book reviews and author interviews. She both hosts and participates in blog tours for authors. The amount of books she reads is astounding!
5. Suzie from My Not So Secret Writing Life. Suzie's posts include her own thoughts and tips on writing, interviews, and Friday Favorites, where she lists some of her favorite things. I also see her all over the blogosphere visiting other blogs as well.
6. Last, but certainly not least, Ink in the Book. She also gives fabulous interviews and has even created her own award that she calls "Inked." I love the creativity behind that!
Congrats ladies! I've enjoyed following your blogs!