Friday, August 26, 2016

Guess What I Am?

A PitchWars 2016 Mentee!

As in Brenda Drake's brainchild, #PitchWars.

I'm so thrilled I don't even know what to do with myself except dance awkwardly and giggle nervously. So there's been a lot of this....

via GIPHY


AND not ONLY did I make it into the contest, but Dawn Ius is my mentor... as in Dawn Ius, author of Anne and Henry and Override:

 


She was the first mentor I fell in love with because she's, well, awesome. Then I read Anne and Henry and realized just how brilliant of a writer she is. I feel so incredibly lucky she chose my MS to mentor. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic about working with her.

So, for the next two months, I'll be doing what I do best (and by "best" I mean "all the time") - a lot of juggling, a lot of laundry avoidance, and a lot of squandering all free minutes to whip my current MS, FLASH MOB MURDERS, into shape. And maybe, every now and again, I'll squeeze in a bit of celebrating in the best way I know how.


via GIPHY
*awkward dancing and nervous giggling*

7 comments:

  1. Holy awesome! Congrats!! That's a tough contest to break into. (I'm 0 for 2 so far haha). Hope this is your big break!!! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC!! There have been several mentees this year who've gotten in on their third attempt. Third time's a charm? I feel very lucky myself for somehow sliding in. What are you working on these days? Hope all is well!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Joy McCullough-Carranza is my mentor; she's been amazing!! Best of luck! Your book sounds super cool.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Kimberly! Good luck on your manuscript!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! Glad to see someone I know get in. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete